About Me
My Photo
Annie in Austin
Welcome! As "Annie in Austin" I blog about gardening in Austin, TX with occasional looks back at our former gardens in Illinois. My husband Philo & I also make videos - some use garden images as background for my original songs, some capture Austin events & sometimes we share videos of birds in our garden. Come talk about gardens, movies, music, genealogy and Austin at the Transplantable Rose and listen to my original songs on YouTube. For an overview read Three Gardens, Twenty Years. Unless noted, these words and photos are my copyrighted work.
View my complete profile

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Jumping Off Bridges, revisited

In June 2006 I posted about two movies with Austin connections. One of the two was Jumping Off Bridges, a fine, independent, small-budget movie by Kat Candler and Stacy Schoolfield of Storie Productions. The cast included some professional actors, some young actors in their first screen roles - and one recognizable star, Michael Emerson , the multi-nominated "Ben Linus" from Lost.


A movie dealing with the effects of suicide on those left behind wasn't easy to package and getting it distributed became a long and difficult process. Along the way, Kat and Stacy's movie has found advocates and an audience, and has been presented by former First Lady Roslyn Carter. The filmmakers recently announced that J.O.B is being released on DVD. Congratulations to everyone connected to Jumping Off Bridges!

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like a very interesting film.
    I'll have to put it in my netflix que.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Michael Emerson...I remember him as a bad guy from a couple different shows (X-Files was one, I think). Fun to root for small productions, which is probably why Cannes festival is so popular (not to mention all the big stars in attendance!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great when independent films get noticed ... I will keep an eye out for this on DVD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting reading this because I just saw a documentary called "The Bridge" about people who commit suicide by jumping off the Golden Gate bridge. They actually set up cameras and show actual footage. Needless to say, the film is not for everyone!

    ReplyDelete

A comment from you is like chocolate - maybe I could live without it, but life is more fun with it. I'll try to answer. If someone else's comment piques your interest, please feel free to talk among yourselves.